Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for at least 6 hours prior to the procedure. Water is OK up until 2 hours prior
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow this allows us to place the IV and our montitors such as a blood pressure cuff and EKG.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine medications, please check with Dr. Berman prior to your surgical date for instructions usually they can be continued as per your regular schedule.